Web Server Security and Database Server Security
Various high-profile hacking attacks have proven that web security remains the most critical issue to any business that conducts its operations online. Web servers are one of the most targeted public faces of an organization, because of the sensitive data they usually host. Securing a web server is as important as securing the website or web application itself and the network around it. If you have a secure web application and an insecure web server, or vice versa, it still puts your business at a huge risk.
Below is a list of tasks we follow when securing your web server.
1. Remove Unnecessary Services
2. Remote access
3. Separate development / testing / production environment
4 .Web application content and server-side scripting
5. Permissions and privileges
6. Install all security patches on time
7. Monitor and audit the server
8. User accounts
9. Remove all unused modules and application extensions
10. Use security tools provided with web server software
11. Stay informed
12. Use Scanners
Your company’s security is only as strong as its weakest point. We can help – contact us now!